Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Questions

So I have a few quick questions to ask the blogging world. When you're prego are you more likely to get leg, foot, arm, hand or any other body part, CRAMPS? I keep getting leg cramps, mostly in my calves and in the arch of my feet....it blows 'cause it's usually in the middle of the night, or early morning when I can just roll over (ya right) and go back to sleep. I eat banana's, drink milk, and water, eat fruits and veggies of all sorts, and love meats and salads and starchy foods... And of course I love sweets. (had to add it, 'cause everyone that knows me would wonder if I was truly telling the truth about things) And of course to top it all off I take my prenatal. So I'm thinking I'm getting enough potassium and vitamins and stuff, but is there something that I might be missing, or is this just another one of the woe's of being prego, and I should shut up about it????

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Try stretching. The last two pregnancies I haven't had leg cramps and I think it was because I was walking in the mornings. It's always a pain that they come on in the night though, sorry. This last pregnancy I got side cramps which really hurt. Have you had those?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Daughter of God said...

No don't shut up about it, talk to us! :] I got leg cramps and like you I was taking and eating the right things, so I thought. On top of everything I started taking Calcium and it helped so much!!! So go and get some!! Make sure it has magnesium, With out magnesium your body will not absorb the calcium as well. I'm so sorry I hated wakeing up to those leg cramps, they would hurt so bad. Once I had to wake ben up and have him rub them out.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

I would get leg cramps too and I found they always occured when I would change position, stretch and point my toes. I learned to stretch my legs by pushing out my heel instead and stopped getting them. Just a quick fix that I hope works for you too.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Heidi, I didn't know you were having a new baby, congratulations! For leg and foot cramps, just add a bottle of sport drink to your diet each day and it will take care of it. There are several kinds. We are loving our mission here in Holland and will be home in just 10 weeks. It really goes fast! Have a wonderful day,
Love, Gerri

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home